Making a Difference — One Smile At A Time
Visit the dentist who brings heart to modern dental care.
Dental Veneers in Bowling Green, KY
Having an attractive smile can help boost your self-esteem in both personal and professional settings. On the other hand, if your teeth are discolored, misshapen, or damaged, you might not feel as confident as you’d like. Fortunately, enhancing the appearance of your teeth and improving how you feel is easier than you may think. With dental veneers, you can achieve the beautiful smile you’ve always wanted. Here’s what you should know about dental veneers before scheduling a consultation with the friendly team at Cox Family Dentistry in Bowling Green, KY.
Dental veneers are wafer-thin “jackets” that fit over the surface of prepared teeth. They’re made of composite or porcelain, which gives them a natural aesthetic. For individuals who are unhappy with the appearance of their teeth, teeth whitening or dental veneers can help resolve many common cosmetic concerns, including improving the shape, color, and size of damaged teeth. Most importantly, they provide a solution to achieve a more radiant smile while preserving your natural teeth.
Who is a Good Candidate for Veneers?
While dental veneers are an effective option to enhance the appearance of most smiles, they may not work for everyone. The best candidate for dental veneers is someone who has good oral health and good occlusion. If you’re prone to clenching or grinding your teeth due to bruxism, you may need to wear a mouth guard at night to prevent damage to your veneers. Likewise, it’s necessary to have enough smooth enamel surface to support the veneers.
Process for Getting Dental Veneers
At Cox Family Dentistry, our trusted team is eager to show you how simple and convenient getting dental veneers can be. Here’s what you can expect during the process:
- First, you’ll meet with Dr. Cox for a consultation to ensure you’re a good candidate for veneers.
- Next, Dr. Cox will prepare the surface of your teeth by removing a very small amount of enamel. He’ll then take impressions of your teeth to determine the appropriate shape and size of the veneers.
- Temporary veneers will be placed on your teeth to be used while your permanent veneers are being made.
- You’ll return for a second appointment to have your temporary veneers removed and your permanent veneers placed (usually around two weeks after your first appointment).
The lifespan of your porcelain veneers will depend on the condition of your teeth and how well your care for them. If you have bruxism, your veneers may need to be replaced quicker than someone who doesn’t grind their teeth. In general, dental veneers last anywhere from 7 to 15 years. Practicing good oral hygiene habits can help keep your veneers strong and beautiful. These include:
- Brushing your teeth two times a day
- Flossing daily
- Visiting the dentist for routine check-ups and professional cleanings
- Avoiding biting down on hard items that could damage your veneers, such as ice
Cox Family Dentistry: The Best Choice for Dental Veneers
If you think you have to undergo an extensive amount of dental work to achieve a radiant, even beautiful smile, think again. Dental veneers can help resolve several common cosmetic dental concerns, including stained, uneven, and damaged teeth. Dr. Cox and his experienced team are ready to give you a smile you’ve always wanted in as little as two convenient dental visits. We’re proud to use progressive dental techniques and state-of-the-art equipment and provide compassionate care to every patient we assist. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and learn more about how dental veneers can improve your quality of life and boost your self-esteem for years to come!